Blake

Blake

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Group Time!

I took Blake to group play date at the family resource centre that he also goes to for his speech therapy sessions and after a little hesitation he went in and seemed to be okay. I think it was the play doh they had made from cherry kool aid. I wanted to eat it, it smelled so good! I went early so we could walk into a quiet room. They had a ton of activites! A rice table, slide, play kitchen, puzzles... Blake met a little boy with down syndrome (why they call it down syndrome baffles me, they are anything but down!) his name was Brody. So cute! They were playing peek-a-boo together by the slide! It was neat to see him have fun. Garrett has just started sitting up on his own. I know he is late and I feel like it is my fault for not spending enough time with him. So I sat Garrett on a play mat with a bunch of toy cars which he enjoyed. They they did snack time where Blake drank out of a big boy cup and had some banana and apples. Then it was time for songs. What a fun time! There needs to be more activites like this for these special kids. I wish the government would stop cutting so many programs. The people at the FRA have been wonderful and without them I would have no help for Blake. But don't even get me started on the government.
What a blessing for me to take BOTH of my kids there! I wish you could all see how beautiful these children are! I think one of the reasons I never used to talk much about Blake's condition is because I didn't want anyone to feel sorry for me. I don't feel sorry. I feel incredibly blessed to have him in my life. He has opened up my eyes to a whole new world and I have met some amazing people through this journey. I would never change anything about him. I have had a hard time figuring out what kind or career path to choose. If I had endless amounts of time and money I would choose a Bachelor degree in science or arts. Hey, if money wasn't an issue i'd do both! But now I feel like I am on a path somewhere. Who knows, maybe through this blog I can reach out to lots of families and people who are open and willing to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment